Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Outfit of the Day: Two outfits over Valentine's and Valentine's day weekend

Hello Kittens


Though this was a while ago, I hope you all had a great Valentine's day.

Over Valentine's day weekend Tim and I went up north to Davis for a friend's birthday. Because it was a long drive up and just a little longer of a drive to get up to the snow I suggested to Tim why not start a little earlier and play a bit in the snow before the party. It ended up being such a fun detour and a great day over the Valentine's day weekend.


Outfit of the Day (Saturday, Valentine's day weekend):

When I was planning on what to wear to the birthday party I knew right away I wanted to wear my Trashy Diva Hopscotch dress in Hourglass! It's got such a great party vibe to me. However, when plans developed and we made decided to also go the snow that day I considered that  perhaps I should wear something else instead. I didn't ponder this long however as I immediately said to myself, "F*** it. Life is short, wear the dress!" And so that is exactly what I did. :)

I paired this dress with a toasty thick black Trashy Diva knit bolero which I got a few months ago from a swap and sell group on facebook, black fleece lined tights which I got last year from Nordstrom Rack, trusty basic black flats (which I changed out of for the snow), and for a finishing touch a pink beret I got from ebay a couple months ago.

Trashy Diva Hopscotch dress in Hourglass- Front View

Trashy Diva Hopscotch dress in Hourglass- Front View

Trashy Diva Hopscotch dress in Hourglass- Side View


Outfit of the Day (Valentine's Day):

Actual Valentine's day fell on a Tuesday this year. I'm not one for putting things off if I can help it so we went out and celebrated on the actual day. Straight after work, I came home and changed into a dress for the occasion and for going out to dinner that night. I decided to wear my Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not floral as for whatever reason that is the dress I was really feeling for the day. It's sweet and elegant without being too fancy or too themey--- though I do surprise myself writing this as I'm usually a sucker for dressing theme!

Anyhow, it was an unusually warm day that day and so I was able to go tightless (finally!) and only needed to wear my super toasty knit Trashy Diva bolero to keep warm that night. As always, when I don't really put much thought into it, I went with my trusty basic black flats. :)


Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Front View

Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Front View

Trashy Diva Lupe dress in Forget Me Not Floral- Side View



And just for fun, here are some snap shots of Trashy Diva in the snow! <3








10 comments:

  1. Loving the snow photos!! Looked like it worked well layered up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hopscotch print is amazing and I love the style of it! Yes fun photos of you in the snow, you look to be having a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the TD snow pics! That cold night ensemble is amazing bc sometimes layering to stay warm with dresses backfires, but you look effortlessly chic there! Love both looks :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thanks Lauren. I'm glad it worked out. I actually forgot to look in the mirror at what the boots would look like on with this. My thinking there was just flats+snow=nogo :)

      Delete
  4. Such perfect outfits, I love that your wore the dress to the snow, it looks like you had a lot of fun! Gorgeous comfy Valentine's Day outfit too, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete