Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Tea at Lisa's Tea Treasures

December is a fine time for tea...


Especially on a cold and rainy day. And that is exactly what I did.

The weekend before last my friend and I went out for Christmas tea at Lisa's Tea Treasures at Pruneyard in Campbell. This is a place I've been wanting to take my friend to for a while as the first (and last) time I went there it really left an impression on me. I remember the place being so quaint and cute, set up like little cozy rooms within the tea place in this upper scale shopping center. I also remember the staff being exceptional, the food as being amazing, and just the overall experience to be top notch. Going back to this tea room for the second time did not disappoint.

The tableware was set up special for Christmas and featured Royal Albert Old Country Roses Christmas china. I love it when tea rooms get out the fine china! To follow suit in the Christmas festivities my friend and I both ordered the Spirit of Christmas tea.

We started off with a pipping hot pot of tea and all the gingerbread cookies we could want. While the Spirit of Christmas tea was intended to be paired with a Victorian Noel spiced plum tea which sounded scrumptious, I opted to get a pot of decaf Earl Grey instead because I find a whole pot of caffeinated tea to be too much for me. Next up we were served cream of asparagus soup, a cranberry scone with lemon curd, cranberry curd and Devonshire cream. This was followed by chicken croissant tea sandwiches, cucumber mint tea sandwiches, and an open face Caprese tea sandwich. For savories we were served a sweet cinnamon potato puff. Finishing up the tea, we were each served a large helping of red velvet yule log cake complete with a decorative and edible mini candy cane. While the tea sandwiches didn't really have too much taste to me, I did love the presentation of everything and really loved the soup and dessert. Also, even though they seemed to be quite busy for the holiday season, I didn't feel overly rushed to get out which is always a necessity for me when going out for tea. Overall, it was another great experience at Lisa's in Campbell. It was unfortunate to learn that they will be moving location by mid February 2017. I am really hoping that which ever location they decide to move to next they will be able to keep to the same feeling, service, and experience I get at this location in Pruneyard at Campbell.


Lisa's Tea Treasures at Pruneyard, Campbell, CA







Little doily over the creamer




8 comments:

  1. Looks smashing, I hope their new premises live up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Porcelina! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for sure! :D

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy reading your posts on your tea experiences. Glad you enjoyed it so much! Thanks for including the menu with its lovely descriptions. I've been enjoying Stash's Christmas in Paris tea this season. Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christie. It's great to hear that you like these posts! :) It's good to get encouragement to keep writing them. I love Stash tea's Christmas in Paris! When I was going through my holiday teas this year I was sad to see all my Christmas in Paris was gone. I'll have to remember to order more for next year! :)

      Delete
  3. It looks adorable hear. I like your posts on this topic, makes me want to visit somewhere similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Thank you Imogen! It is so good to hear you like these tea posts! I will be sure to keep posting them! :D I hope you will be able to make it out to tea sometime soon. It really is a fun thing to experience. :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun spread!! I love tea but I always just drink them out of coffee mugs etc, ha! You're always so fancy with it and I love it! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.gracerock-kellyroll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! When I'm not being served tea I always do mugs too! LOL! <3 Thanks Lauren!

      Delete