Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Outfit of the Day: Silicon Valley Comic Con

I've never been to San Diego but I'm glad that Comic Con finally made it up to the Bay Area! 


I've been going to comic cons ever since my dad first took me to my first one so many years ago either when I was in middle school or high school. It wasn't the big one, the San Diego Comic Con, but instead a smaller one called Wondercon... It didn't matter much to me though. It was all ours and that was all that I cared about. But then, mysteriously, in 2011 Wondercon packed up and moved down south to Anaheim. They said they would be back but they never did come back. So last year when Steve Wozniak announce he was going to start another comic convention in our area, Silicon Valley Comic Con, my husband and I marked our calendars and counted down the days! I'm so happy there's a comic con in our area again. And while they have a few kinks to work out before the next one (not completely unexpected I suppose since this was only the first year they've had it) I'm definitely looking forward to going again, making it again an annual tradition.


"Mommy and Me" pictures taken with C.C. Cookie before leaving for Comic Con

C.C. Cookie and I in our comic themed best dresses!

With R2D2 at Silicon Valley Comic Con

At the end of the day in front of the Convention Center at Silicon Valley Comic Con



Outfit of the Day: 

I knew I had been saving this dress for just the perfect occasion! I decided the Trashy Diva Sci Fi Rockets dress would be the perfect dress for the first ever Silicon Valley Comic Con, as I knew Silicon Valley Comic Con would also be the perfect place to wear my Trashy Diva Sci Fi Rockets dress for the first time ever! This is a two piece ensemble... the Trixie dress and a bolero. I paired this with red Ecco flats I got earlier last year on ebay. For a finishing touch I also paired this with a pair of golden ball stud earrings to go with the golden yellow rockets in the print. I have a lot of fun memories from this day and love that this dress will always be associated with Silicon Valley Comic Con's first convention in my mind.


Trashy Diva Trixie dress and bolero in Sci Fi Rockets- Front View

Trashy Diva Trixie dress and bolero in Sci Fi Rockets- Front View

Trashy Diva Trixie dress and bolero in Sci Fi Rockets- Side View













16 comments:

  1. I have that dress! And its one of my very very favorites. Oh my gosh your cat looks so cute! I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I remember you in this dress well Katherine! <3 I love the way it looks with your red hair! <3 And CC thanks you kindly! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, the rocket print! Looks lovely on you. I like wearing my rockets dress with my bolero, too! And cuteeee kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Print twins!!!! I love the rocket print so much! <3

      Delete
  3. Omg you and your cat are sooooo cute!!! Perfect place to wear this gorgeous outfit too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He He love the matching outfits...so so adorable! Such a great dress to wear to Comic Con as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! <3 Thank you Camilla! :D I'm no the look out for more now that I know her size! LOL

      Delete
  5. Looks like so much fun! And omfg the matching outfit with your cat!!! Love! I'm so mad that I missed out on this print!! Why couldn't they have brought this back with the comeback series?!?! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! And sorry you missed this print!!! I'd love it if they brought this print back too! I'd totally buy another dress! <3 I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next year! So many gorgeous prints need to come back! Glad that they officially started bringing them back! <3

      Delete
  6. wow that looks really fun, I have never been to anything like that before. The pictures with your kitty are the best and the matching outfits are just too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There really aren't words enough for how awesome it is that you and your cat have matching outfits. That made me smile ear-to-ear and is seriously one of the most awesome outfit related things I've ever seen in all the years I've been fashion blogging.

    Oodles of hugs to you both!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thank you so much Jessica! Hearing those words from you are huge!!! That means a lot to me to hear that! I'm so happy to hear I was able to put a smile on your face! <3

      Delete
  8. A lot of fun, this looks adorable!! x

    ReplyDelete