Thursday, January 14, 2016

Outfit of the Day: His Girl Friday

On Saturday Tim and I went to a farewell party for a friend who's going to Italy for a year


It was a chilly night so I thought my Stop Staring 3/4 sleeve sweater dress would be perfect. It's a black with white polka dot dress so I didn't really want to mix in colors like I did the last time I wore this dress. Instead I decided to keep to the black and white basics and so I pulled out my black over coat and black dotty tights to keep me warm. Keeping true to my style goals for 2016 I picked out a black and grey fedora I though would look good with this and some black heels to dress it all up a bit. I did not realize how 1940's gangster this was going to turn out! It was an unexpected and unintentional His Girl Friday look that I pulled together but I like it!


Outfit of the Day:
For this days outfit I wore my Stop Staring Samantha dress in black with white dot I got from Modern Pinup (formerly JBR Clothing) during a black Friday sale a couple years ago, a black overcoat by Double Zero I got from Modcloth a few years ago for a steal, black sheer with black polka dot tights from Nordstrom Rack also from a few years ago, black heels from Soft Spots which I got from Zappos several years ago, and a black and grey asymmetric fedora by Adora I got from Trashy Diva a couple months ago during their Black Friday sale. For a fishing touch I wore this with some 1920's inspired dangle earrings by 1928 which I got from Macy's back when I was in high school! 


Stop Staring Samantha dress in black with white dots- Front View

Stop Staring Samantha dress in black with white dots- Side View

Stop Staring Samantha dress in black with white dots- Front View

Stop Staring Samantha dress in black with white dots- Front View

Stop Staring Samantha dress in black with white dots- Side View

Dots on Dots: Stop Staring Samantha dress in black with white dots with black dot tights- Close Up

Stop Staring Samantha dress in black with white dots with 1928 earrings- Close Up



10 comments:

  1. Such a classic look!!! You look straight out of a 1940s movie, darling! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Lauren said above you really do look a wonderful 1940's movie star in this dress, jacket and hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh that is one of my favourite films!! You really do look like a 1940's movie star, that hat is such a classic touch! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great outfit and love love love the hat

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a chic outfit! From the jaunty hat to the classic trench, I'm smitten and have to say, it's one of my favourite outfits you've ever shared with us, sweet gal. Very, very cool styling!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete