Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Outfit of the Day: A Very Special Meetup and a Dressy Sunday Movie Day Date

This past weekend was a very fun and eventful one! 


On Saturday I partook in a Trashy Diva dress club meetup. It was the first club meetup for our area. While it was a relatively small group of ten women, myself included, it was the first time I had never seen so many women in one place so gorgeously dressed up and everyone in my favorite brand, Trashy Diva! We went out to Trader Vic's, a tiki themed restaurant in Emeryville, and had a great time gabbing about dresses and eating good food! I'm so looking forward to the next meetup already!

Tiki Time at Trader Vic's!


On Sunday, Tim and I decided to go out and see the new Terminator movie (Terminator 5), Terminator Genisys. It was a lot better than I expected. To put all the Terminator movies in order of those I liked the most, I would say first, Terminator 2, then Terminator 1, then Terminator 5, then Terminator 6, Then Terminator 3. That's a whole lot of terminators! They brought something new to the table with this one though and were very heavy on the time travel. I liked it a lot! After the movies we went out to dinner. I wanted to go to the Macaroni Grill but as it turns out it was gone so we went out for Mexican instead.



Outfit of the Day:
Saturday:

For Saturday's super festive activity I decided to go with a Hawaiian themed dress to go with the Tiki theme of Trader Vic's. I wore my Trashy Diva Alison dress in Hawaiian Charm. I paired this with some mustard peep toe flats from Target and a cropped mustard cardigan by MAK which I got from Trashy Diva.

Trashy Diva Alison dress in Hawaiian Charm- Front View

Trashy Diva Alison dress in Hawaiian Charm- Front View

Trashy Diva Alison dress in Hawaiian Charm- Side View

Trashy Diva Alison dress in Hawaiian Charm- Front View

Trashy Diva Alison dress in Hawaiian Charm- Front View

Trashy Diva Alison dress in Hawaiian Charm- Side View

Sunday:
On Sunday I didn't go in theme but instead chose a dress I adore, my Trashy Diva 40's dress in Olivine Floral. This dress is special to me because it was one that came to me as a gift from a super wonderful and special lady. I paired this dress with nude flats by Easy Spirit which I got from Nordstrom Rack and a cropped green cardigan by MAK which I got from Modcloth. To be extra fancy this day I changed out my purse for a super cute vintage wicker purse I recently bought from Etsy. I thought it was fun to also change things up a bit and wore this dress with my Invader Zim earrings which surprisingly were a perfect match with the dress!

Trashy Diva 40's dress in Olivine Floral- Front View

Trashy Diva 40's dress in Olivine Floral- Front View

Trashy Diva 40's dress in Olivine Floral- Side View

Trashy Diva 40's dress in Olivine Floral- Front View

Trashy Diva 40's dress in Olivine Floral- Front View

Trashy Diva 40's dress in Olivine Floral- Side View

Trashy Diva 40's dress in Olivine Floral With Invader Zim Earrings- Close Up




9 comments:

  1. Really beautiful dresses both! I love that you opted for a mustard hued cardigan with the first one. That would have been my top cardi colour choice for that pattern, too.

    Have a fantastic weekend,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I love it when a dress has so many colors to chose from to bring out! And I love that mustard is just one of those colors that seem to go with everything. What a great color! <3

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous! I would love to have both of those Trashy Diva prints in my collection! I love the mustard cardigan and shoes with the Alison dress x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! <3 Trashy Diva is the best! I know you have quite a bit of really great ones in your collection as well! <3 I hope you will be able to add these to your closet! I think both of them would look wonderful on you! <3

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Trashy Diva was easier to get hold of here in the UK!! You look smashing in both x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the way I feel about some of your UK designers/retailers! ;) I know there a small number of shops that sell them though both in store and online :) This might help you out :)

      Deadly is the Female - 59 Catherine St. - Frome, UK

      Miss Bamboo - 11 Beaumont Road, Manchester, Lancashire, UK

      Revival Retro - 30 Windmill Street - London, W1T 2JL

      Delete