Saturday, April 4, 2015

Outfit of the Day: Lunch and Crushed Ice With a Friend

I'm still so heart broken over the passing of my girl but I've been trying to pick myself up and get out more. 


Last week I went out with a friend for lunch then out for crushed ice and frozen custard afterwards. Lunch was nice. I got to have pork nachos which I have been craving for months, and crushed ice and frozen custard is always good. Also it was so good to be around a friend and to spend time walking around, and talking with them.


Outfit of the Day:

For this day's outing last Sunday I wore my new Trashy Diva Dorothy dress which I bought at Cognito earlier last month. It was a warm day but I put on a black cardigan anyway which was good because the restaurant was cold! I paired this with my easy black flats.


Trashy Diva Dorothy dress in Irish Polka- Front View

Trashy Diva Dorothy dress in Irish Polka- Side View

Trashy Diva Dorothy dress in Irish Polka- Front View

Trashy Diva Dorothy dress in Irish Polka- Side View




4 comments:

  1. U look really cute. Getting out us important. Your baby had a long happy life. Knowing Norbert lead a long full life helped me cope with his passing. By the way have u seen the Mary Blair cat prints at pinup girl
    Retro rover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine, Thank you. Most of the time I feel like I've made peace with her passing. I take comfort in the fact that she lived a long happy life. And I know ultimately she just got old and that it was her time. It still hurts so much though that she's gone as I'm sure you know the feeling from the passing of your Norbert. Even still I try to be happy that I was able to have her in my life and that we were so lucky to have each other. Thank you again Katherine. I have not seen the cat prints by Mary Blair... Ive seen most of the other ones I think but somehow missed the cats. I will have to check it out.

      Delete
  2. Great to see an outfit post from you again! I've been missing them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the polka dot dress. I am so sad to hear about your beautiful little kitty. I definitely understand what it's like to be so close and have them grow up with you/be part of your life for such a long period of time. I hope you remember all those beautiful memories you had together.

    ReplyDelete