Monday, October 20, 2014

Outfit of the Day: Green Means Go- A Day For Teatime And A Wedding!

This past Saturday was a busy and wonderful day.


I started the day off with my mother-in-law in the nearby old town of Niles. We went to one of hers and my favorite antique stores, My Friend's And I, for their annual Christmas open house. Then after browsing around and picking up some vintage buttons and belt buckles for me and some other goodies for her, we went out to tea at Tyme For Tea just next door.

The lovely day continued after a dress change when Tim and I got to attend our friends' wedding in the beach side town of Monterey. The event was beautiful, the venue gorgeous, and the weather perfect! We felt very fortunate to be able to celebrate this wonderful event with them. It was a beautiful occasion!




Outfit of the Day:

For the open house and tea time with my mother-in-law I wore my Bettie Page / Tatyana green circle jumper with a black cotton shirt I got from Nordstrom some years back. I paired this with my trusty flats. Although I wasn't expecting too much walking to go on, I didn't want to tire my feet out before going to the wedding later that day.

Bettie Page Green Circle Jumper- Front View

Bettie Page Green Circle Jumper- Front View

Bettie Page Green Circle Jumper- Side View


For the wedding I got out my Stop Staring Timeless dress, one which I've been saving for a special occasion. I couldn't think of any occasion more special than our friends' wedding! I paired this with my BC Cat Kitten heels (In The Winner's Circle heels) because it was too hard to resist wearing them! I also wore a black fascinator to add a touch of extra fancy dress to dress up for this occasion. When the night got cooler I had my Trashy Diva Courtney Dress Coat to keep me warm!

Stop Staring Timeless Dress In Green- Front View

Stop Staring Timeless Dress In Green- Side View
 
BC In The Winner's Circle Heels In Animal- Close Up

Trashy Diva Courtney Coat- Front View

Trashy Diva Courtney Coat- Front View

Trashy Diva Courtney Coat- Side View






4 comments:

  1. Ahh! Both these dresses AND the coat look amazing on you!! I especially love the second green dress on you. So perfect for you :)

    ~Bristol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bristol! I am very happy to have had a perfect occasion for wearing the Timeless dress! :)

      Delete
  2. I've had my eye on that green 'Timeless' dress for some time - it looks wonderful on you! And I love the wedding table setting, it's simple and elegant and has given me some much-needed inspiration. Love both looks on you, really lovely in green x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina! The Timeless dress is definitely one of my favorite dresses ever released by Stop Staring! What I really like about this dress is that it's fitted without being skintight like most of Stop Staring wiggle dresses. I think this dress would be amazing on you! You should get it if you get the opportunity. Also, glad to hear this post gave you some wedding inspiration! My friends did a wonderful job with this wedding. Everything was so beautiful and like you said, simple and elegant! :)

      Delete