Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Good Peacock is Hard to Find

"'What a beauti-ful birrrrd!' the priest murmured." The Displaced Person, Flannery O'Conner


I love peacocks. Mind you, not as much as I love cats, but I do love peacocks.

I used to live in an apartment complex that had tons of these majestic birds prancing about, singing their call. I miss those birds. So, I'm extremely happy now when I can find peacock things that help remind me of just how beautiful those birds are. Last month I wrote about a peacock teapot I got in A Peacock for All Occasions. And now, just a month later, I found the most beauti-ful peacock dress!

I got this dress from Cats Like Us. I was fortunate enough to be on their email mailing list and again fortunate enough to open my email within the same hour they sent it out which said that they just got in more of these peacock dresses from Heart of Haute. Then once again I was fortunate enough to be able to be one of the lucky people to grab this dress in my size before they sold out. And boy, were these dresses selling out fast! They only had this dress up on their website a few days the first time around before they sold out, then the second time they stocked this dress, they only had most sizes for the first day! After the first day they only had this dress in xsmall. Though if you are pining over this dress like I was fear not because Heart of Haute will be restocking this dress and anticipate to restock it sometime in May.

And now, on to the review!

The Heart of Haute Monique Peacock Royal dress is a fitted A-line dress with a boatneck neck line and matching tie belt. It has a hidden side-zip though no back closure. While the lack of a back closure could create a bit of a nuisance to get in and out of the dress, it ensures there are no back seams on this dress that could unintentionally make breaks in the print of the fabric on the top back side. The fabric is 100% cotton which is my fabric of choice for easy care. It has a nice heavy weight that gives the dress substance and gives the skirt of the dress a great flair! The colors of this dress are extremely vibrate without being overbearing. The teal, blue, green, and mustard yellow colors really stand out against the black background of this print. And, if that wasn't enough, metallic gold adorns the peacocks as well as the flowers throughout the print. As I've mentioned before in other reviews of Heart of Haute's dresses, I am continuously surprised at the great fit of their dresses. It's almost like each of the dresses I buy of theirs was made specifically for me. For reference I am 38"-30"-38", 5'3" and as usual I bought this dress in Large. I did find that the arm holes did feel a little tight in this style and felt it rubbed under the arms a bit but I think if I sized up the dress would probably fit a tad too big. In any case, this is a beautiful dress which was well worth the wait as well as its weight in gold!

"'So beauti-ful,' the priest said. 'A tail full of suns,'" The Displaced Person, Flannery O'Conner

Heart of Haute Monique Peacock Royal Dress- Front View





Heart of Haute Monique Peacock Royal Dress- Side View



Heart of Haute Monique Peacock Royal Dress- Back View


Heart of Haute Monique Peacock Royal Dress- Close Up of Print



Heart of Haute Monique Peacock Royal Dress- Close Up with Earrings

I couldn't resist putting these two things together for this review. How perfect are these earrings with this dress? I got these earrings last summer at the annual Fremont Festival of the Arts from a seller at the festival, Melissa Huntsman. I even bought these earrings with peacocks in mind when I saw them!





8 comments:

  1. Such wonderful, rich colours in that pattern! It's stunning! P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Porcelina! I feel the same way! Pictures of this dress on Heart of Haute's website did not do it justice. It wasn't until I saw a close up shot of it on a retailer's site, Cats Like Us, that I even knew it would have the metallic gold. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the royal blue detailing on that dress. Cute post! :)

    I want to invite you to enter my blog's #HopeForMoms Giveaway (total giveaway valued at $810!) All you have to do is write a #HopeForMoms status which will be shared with mom survivors of human trafficking through International Princess project. :D Check out more details at my blog!

    God bless,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore your peacock print dress! It is so very unique and those earrings are the perfect finish to the look!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I was so excited to see how well these earrings went with this dress! I love the colors together. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Love this dress on you! Heart of Haute is such a fabulous brand :)
    Do you have Instagram by the way??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bristol! I do love Heart of Heart! It seemed like this past year especially they were really coming out with some fabulous dresses and tops! I can't wait to see what they have in store for 2015!

      I am not on Instagram but I am on facebook :)

      Delete