Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cupid comes in rayon

What does a loving husband get his vintage-style admiring dress loving wife? Why, a dress of course!


My husband and I usually don't do presents for Valentine's day but this year my husband decided to be extra loving and get me a dress I've been spying on Trashy Diva's website. The Trashy Diva Jenny dress in long sleeves is a 1940s style thick knit dress in a dark military green rayon/nylon/spandex blend. Have I ever mentioned before how much I love Trashy Diva! And I love my caring husband who never stops surprising me! :)

Because the fabric is a stretchy rayon knit blend it has lots of stretch, is super comfortable and has a great drape. Also, because of all the detail in the dress, the front pleats along the shoulder, bodice and waist line as well as all the detail in the shoulders and sleeves this dress keeps a great shape even in its knit material. I love the 1940's look of this dress. I took Trashy Diva's recommendation on their website as well as recommendations based on The Full Figured Chest's review of the Jenny in short sleeves and sized down to a size 8 for my 38-30-38, 5'3" frame which fits great! I just hope it won't shrink when dry cleaned.

Trashy Diva Jenny dress with long sleeves in military green





Trashy Diva Jenny dress side view




Trashy Diva Jenny dress back view




Trashy Diva Jenny dress detail




Here, I paired the Jenny dress with my Trashy Diva velvet Ginger jacket which I think look quite smashing together!

Trashy Diva Jenny dress with Trashy Diva velvet Ginger jacket




Trashy Diva Jenny dress with Trashy Diva velvet Ginger jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment