Sunday, February 9, 2014

Be still my heart... a Valentine's tea at Tyme for Tea

Valentine's day is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than over tea with friends!


Valentine's day is a day to celebrate those you love and care about so I feel it shouldn't be forgotten to celebrate friendships on this holiday! For this tea outing I was fortunate to be out with two old high school friends, one, my bestie from high school I just recently got reunited with and another a friend I've known since middle school whom I haven't seen in almost 10 years, Marisue and Fatima-- it is so nice to be reunited with old friends! As for celebrating this holiday with friends, it looks like I was not the only one who had this sentiment in mind. When we arrived at 11am for our first seating reservations there was a line out the door at the usually busy (but not that busy) tea place, Tyme for Tea.

Tyme for Tea is in the historic district of Fremont called Niles where they used to make Charlie Chaplin movies in the 1920s. This is a cute little area full of antique stores in historic buildings settled next to an old train station overlooking the Fremont hills. This is my most trusted go-to tea house as well as one of my favorites. Luckily, it is also one which is pretty local! It is housed in an old building which also doubles as an antiques, tea wares, and sweet shoppe.

Tyme for Tea, Niles district, Fremont California

Antique shops along Niles Blvd, Fremont California

The special for the day was a Valentine's theme tea, Cupid's Touch. I love themed teas and enjoyed seeing lots of pink in my spread which included raspberry butter and strawberry mimosas.


We started out with peach passion tea, strawberry mimosas, and a blueberry scone festively dressed in pink sugar served with pink raspberry butter. The next course was five tea sandwiches, a cucumber and caramelized onion sandwich, a chicken pesto sandwich on whole wheat, a warm basil, bacon and peach brie pinwheel, a warm tomato and pesto bruschetta, and an egg salad basket. The last course was the sweets course, a Valentine's petite four, a chocolate dripped strawberry, a pink sweetheart sugar cookie, and a chocolate truffle.


A Valentine's tablescape










It's always fun going to Tyme for Tea and seeing all their goodies aside from what's on the table!

Tea ware on display at Tyme for Tea

More tea ware on display at Tyme for Tea

Antiques, vintage clothing, and vintage jewelry at Tyme for Tea

A fine day to share tea with friends, Fatima and Marisue

Pinkies up!

Old friends reunited again! <3


Outfit of the day: I thought today was the perfect occasion to take out my Trashy Diva Sweetie Hearts dress which I wore with my San Diego Hat Company wool bow cap, Mia flats, and black polka dot tights. I got this Trashy Diva Sweetie dress from Cats Like Us, my favorite shop online to buy dresses! I love it that they carry Trashy Diva, Bettie Page AND Collectif!!! So rare to find a place that carries all three of these brands (not to mention the many more brands they carry!). Also, cats like them, and they like cats, how could I not also like them? ;)

o
Trashy Diva Sweetie Hearts dress



Trashy Diva Sweetie Hearts dress side view


No comments:

Post a Comment