Monday, January 27, 2014

Hellooooo Beverly!

I came home from work today to find this beautiful creation waiting for me, the Bettie Page Beverly dress.


I've had my eye on this dress since last new years, 2013 when I first saw it at the Bettie Page store at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. While it's a dress I drooled over then, I tried to wrestle with some self-restraint as at the time I was already getting so many other Bettie Page dresses that were equally as lovely. Fast forward to now... I was lucky enough to catch this dress during Unique Vintage's pin up sale! I had originally ordered this dress in a large which is my usual size in Bettie Page, if not usually a little roomy in the bust, so I was really hesitant to order this in an XL when Unique Vintage called to tell me the L was all sold out. I initially told them just to refund my money back but then had a change heart and called them back to say go ahead and send me the XL. I am so happy I did not let this dress slip out of my hands! XL fits just fine! My measurements are 38-30-38 and I'm 5'3".  I do think the L would probably have fit slightly better.. a little more fitted with a slightly shorter hem but seeing as I swooped this on a sale I think the XL is just lovely!

The Beverly is a knit dress made out of 4-way stretch textured sweater-like material. It's light green in color with bits of pink, blue, orange and purple making a very subtle diamond pattern throughout the dress. It has short sleeves, a back zip, and is fully lined in satiny light green material throughout. It's pencil silhouette and textured knit material gives it a true vintage feel reminiscent of the days of Breakfast at Tiffany's and Jacqueline Kennedy as first lady.

Here I paired it with the Bettie Page green bow belt and a string of pearls. I can also see this paired with a brooch and white short gloves to keep it dressed up or simply with a headscarf to dress it down. The Beverly is a versatile and comfortable dress which is warm yet highly breathable that I can see being suitable in winter (with a coat) or spring or fall. While Unique Vintage still has some of these available for their sale in limited sizes, you can also order this dress in more size options from Bettie Page Clothing directly.

Bettie Page Beverly dress with Bettie Page green bow belt



Side view Bettie Page Beverly dress



Detail of fabric- Bettie Page Beverly dress



Lining on Bettie Page Beverly dress


No comments:

Post a Comment